1. Multi-lingual information to help understand the Canadian education system from Settlement.org.
2. Ontario's Ministry of Education provides important information about the Canadian school system in 28 languages.
3. The Toronto District School Board: New to Canada
4. Primary School: Find your local school
5. High School: Toronto Reception Centres are where all newcomer children aged 14-20 must go for assessment in order to go to High School (see their brochures in many languages).
6. World Education Service (WES): A private organization that evaluates foreign credentials.
7. EarlyON Centres offer free, high-quality drop-in programs for families and children from birth to 6 years old. EarlyON is a combination of four programs: Ontario Early Years Centres, Parenting and Family Literacy Centres, Child Care Resource Centres and Better Beginnings, Better Futures.
8. City of Toronto Child Care Fee Subsidy: A Child Care Fee Subsidy helps a family with the cost of licensed child care. There is a waitlist, so apply as soon as possible.
9. George Brown’s School of English as a Second Language https://www.georgebrown.ca/preparatory-liberal-studies/english-as-a-second-language-esl