1. Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation: Find information about classes, sports, camps, activities, pools, leagues and so much more. https://efun.toronto.ca/torontofun/Start/Start.asp?timeout=yes
2. Toronto Welcome Policy : Eligible families/individuals can receive a credit to access these programs for free. All sponsored newcomers in Toronto should apply!
3. YMCA of Greater Toronto: a charity that promotes child care services, education and training programs, employment / immigration services, family and youth services and health and fitness programs all across the GTA. They are also inclusive, accessible fitness centres with significantly reduced rates for lower income users. First timers usually get a week or two free! (Great for March or winter break).
4. KidSport Ontario: A non-profit that assists eligible children and youth with covering the costs of registration fees and equipment.
5. The Toronto Public Library: English Conversation Circles, workshops, free events, expositions, talks, books, movies and digital material in over 40 languages, ESL learning materials, free Lynda online courses, citizenship prep workshops, free passes to museums and historical sights... the Toronto Public Library offers SO MUCH.
6. Big Brother/ Big Sisters: A longstanding mentorship program that matches children and youth with a community mentor.
7. CultureLink’s Bike Host Program matches up newcomers who are open to cycling with mentors who ride regularly